Talkiatry transforms psychiatry with accessible, human, and responsible care. We’re a national mental health practice co-founded by a patient and a triple-board-certified psychiatrist to solve the problems both groups face in accessing and providing the highest quality treatment.
60% of adults in the U.S. with a diagnosable mental illness go untreated every year because care is inaccessible, while 45% of clinicians are out of network with insurers because reimbursement rates are low and paperwork is unduly burdensome. With innovative technology and a human-centered philosophy, we provide patients with the care they need—and allow psychiatrists to focus on why they got into medicine.
About the role:
We’re looking to hire a Senior Engineer; you will get an opportunity to work with talented engineers in helping to build products that will continue to help Talkiatry expand its services and offerings. We are seeking outcome- and product-focused engineers who want to play a part in building a great engineering culture through strong cross-functional collaboration. Individuals who have experience leading projects from scratch, starting with requirements and wish lists, and turning them into development plans, with architecture and key tooling in mind.
- Lead feature and story development for healthcare providers, staff, and patients, following established design patterns and best practices
- Help build a reliable, observable, and maintainable codebase, including test coverage and monitoring
- Identify and communicate benefits and tradeoffs to engineers of all levels as well as non-technical stakeholders
- Mentor teammates, supporting their learning and growth
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, including product, design, clinical, and operations teams to deliver on clear outcomes
- Communicate requirements to technical and non-technical audiences clearly
- Technical Excellence – You know that expertise in technology is a journey, not a destination. You know industry best-practices, and you’re learning how they change over time. You build on your hands-on experience by learning how and where the field is advancing.
- “Strong Opinions, Loosely Held” – You look at solutions in terms of their trade-offs, and you recognize when to apply common design and architectural patterns, but you’re always learning how different contexts can demand different solutions.
- Collaboration – You believe that teams can be greater than the sum of their parts when everyone is invited to the table. You know that inclusion is proactive, and you support your teammates to help them do their best work.
- Outcomes Over Outputs – You believe that the technology is a means to an end, and you keep an eye out for the simplest solution to the problem.
- 4+ years experience as a developer
- Familiarity with common frameworks and tooling, including testing frameworks
- Familiarity with common agile practices (ex: scrum, Kanban, CI/CD) Experience with architecture, design patterns, and coding for maintainability
- Top-notch team: we're a diverse, experienced group motivated to make a difference in mental health care
- Collaborative environment: be part of building something from the ground up at a fast-paced startup
- Flexible location: work where you want to, either remotely across the U.S. or from our HQ in NYC
- Excellent benefits: medical, dental, vision, effective day 1 of employment, 401K with match, generous PTO plus paid holidays, paid parental leave, and more!
- Grow your career with us: hone your skills and build new ones with our Learning team as Talkiatry expands
- It all comes back to care: we’re a mental health company, and we put our team’s well-being first
- Compensation range for this position is $170-185k plus equity, depending on experience; actual compensation will be dependent upon the specific role, location, as well as the individual’s qualifications, experience, skills and certifications.
At Talkiatry, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and candidate experience. We strive to create an environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and purpose, and where we learn from the unique experiences of those around us.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.