At Talkiatry, we believe mental health is health. We’re a successful, high growth organization creating the gold standard in mental healthcare and helping people live their best lives. More specifically, we’re solving the behavioral health crisis in America by focusing on high-quality in-network care and proprietary technology that redefines how patients access and receive psychiatric care. The result? Through a personalized approach, we meet the needs of patients, physicians, and insurance partners while driving down costs and improving care.
We are seeking a Medical Biller to support our rapid growth. The ideal candidate has 3 to 5 years of medical billing and collection experience or equivalent. Ability to multi-task with significant attention to detail is necessary. Talkiatry supports your work by promoting a culture where our colleagues thrive and find joy as their best and most productive selves.
- Our team works remotely. You will enjoy the flexibility of working from home and using our technology to connect you with a great revenue cycle team
- You will use our practice management system and electronic health record, eClinical Works, to manage the full cycle of medical billing and A/R activities
- You will use your fundamental knowledge of third-party insurance, timely filing, coordination of benefits, authorizations, referrals, copayments (in and out of network), deductibles, and coverage limitations and maximums to support the revenue cycle
- You will submit claims, after verifying the accuracy of the information provided and the existence of the necessary documentation to support charges
- Work closely with Patient Care Coordinators and Medical Coders on issues adversely affecting billing
- Assist and support auditing and compliance processes by ensuring billing and documentation meet standards with respect to billing practices
Desired Competencies & Qualifications:
- Experience using a Practice Management System and Electronic Health Record, preferably eClinicalWorks, but will train the right candidate
- Thorough understanding of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS coding
- Comprehensive understanding of the 835 and 837 processes
- Knowledge of commercial insurance plans and Medicare
- Ability to interpret Explanation of Benefits and the appropriate course of action (resubmit, transfer or write off charges)
- Capability of tracking assigned insurance claims processing changes/trends and relay this information to the Director of Revenue Cycle
- Experience using daily denials management tools and reports
- Exhaust all collection efforts (as defined in Talkiatry’s collection policies) before transferring accounts to collection agency
- Produce relevant End-of-Day, End-of-Month and End-of -Year reports
- An understanding of general medical practice workflows
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Thriving in team-based environment
- A collaborative, diverse, fast-paced environment in a purpose-driven company; Join a team of 250+ team of difference-makers
- Flexible Location: Colleagues work virtually, in the office, or a combination of the two
- Opportunity to learn and grow as our organization grows thanks to a best-in-class learning team
- Leadership committed to building a people-first, inclusive culture focused on your well-being and supporting your wellness ambitions
- Generous benefits including up to 100% of healthcare insurance costs paid from day 1, competitive 401K match with immediate vesting, generous PTO plus paid holidays, and more!
At Talkiatry, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and candidate experience. We strive to create an environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and purpose, and where we learn from the unique experiences of those around us.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.