Talkiatry transforms psychiatry with accessible, human, and responsible care. We’re a national mental health practice co-founded by a patient and a triple-board-certified psychiatrist to solve the problems both groups face in accessing and providing the highest quality treatment.
60% of adults in the U.S. with a diagnosable mental illness go untreated every year because care is inaccessible, while 45% of clinicians are out of network with insurers because reimbursement rates are low and paperwork is unduly burdensome. With innovative technology and a human-centered philosophy, we provide patients with the care they need—and allow psychiatrists to focus on why they got into medicine.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Manager for our Therapy Operations team to oversee and manage the daily operations of our therapy services. To succeed in this role, you will be hands-on, process-driven, results-oriented, and a proven cross-functional leader. In this exciting role, you will partner with clinical and operational team members to provide support for our therapists and patients.
As the Therapy Operations Manager, you will work closely with clinical leaders and cross-functional teams to ensure efficient and effective operations; allowing for timely and accurate resolution of scheduling and utilization problems, and proactive management of service recovery to ensure therapist and patient satisfaction. In addition, you will work with Patient Care Coordinators (PCCs) to ensure seamless onboarding of new therapist patients, therapist exits, and the transfer of patients within the practice.
Our ideal candidate is organized, collaborative and process oriented and has experience influencing and indirectly managing or supervising dotted-line (rather than direct) reports. It is important that you are comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization where change and ambiguity are the norm. You are data driven, inquisitive, and use information to inform your decisions. You have experience developing policies, training staff, and optimizing workflows.
- Support organizational culture and lead by example, fostering a culture of empathy, service, collaboration, accountability, and inclusion
- Act as a first line of defense for therapist questions and escalate issues to operational and clinical leaders as needed
- Proactively investigate and resolve scheduling and utilization problems to ensure efficient and effective operations
- Manage the patient transfer process, ensuring continuity of care for all patients deemed a fit for Talkiatry’s practice
- Track and oversee the management of therapist intake exceptions
- Manage, coordinate and oversee cross-functional work with hybrid workforce of PCCs (on- and off-shore)
- Collaborate with other departments within the organization, including finance, human resources, and IT, to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Investigate and perform service recovery to ensure patient satisfaction – sharing findings and feedback with cross-functional teams
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and systems to support clinical operations
- Provide guidance and support to team members to improve quality consistency with company policies and procedures and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements (e.g. maintain confidential patient and employee records)
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned
- Strong knowledge of healthcare operations, including scheduling, utilization, and service recovery
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop team members
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely and effective manner (Excel and other Microsoft suite experience preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, and systems to support clinical operations
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in working in a fast-paced environment is a plus
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in clinical operations management, preferably in a multi-provider mental healthcare practice
- eClinicalWorks or related EMR experience preferred.
- Top-notch team: we're a diverse, experienced group motivated to make a difference in mental health care
- Collaborative environment: be part of building something from the ground up at a fast-paced startup
- Flexible location: work where you want to, either remotely across the U.S. or from our HQ in NYC
- Excellent benefits: medical, dental, vision, effective day 1 of employment, 401K with match, generous PTO plus paid holidays, paid parental leave, and more!
- Grow your career with us: hone your skills and build new ones with our Learning team as Talkiatry expands
- It all comes back to care: we’re a mental health company, and we put our team’s well-being first
- Compensation range for this position is $70,000 - $80,000 with up to 10% performance bonus, depending on experience. Actual compensation will be dependent upon the specific role, location, as well as the individual’s qualifications, experience, skills and certifications.
At Talkiatry, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and candidate experience. We strive to create an environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and purpose, and where we learn from the unique experiences of those around us.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.