Talkiatry transforms psychiatry into the accessible, human, and empowering experience it should be.
We were co-founded by a patient and a triple-board-certified psychiatrist to solve the problems both groups face in accessing and providing the highest quality mental healthcare.
60% of adults in the U.S. with a diagnosable mental illness go untreated every year because care is inaccessible, while 45% of clinicians are out of network with insurers because reimbursement rates are low and paperwork is unduly burdensome.
With innovative technology and a human-centered philosophy, we provide patients with the care they need—and allow psychiatrists to focus on why they got into medicine.
We’re seeking a progressive HR Business Partner (Manager Level) to align with various functional leaders and client groups as we grow and scale Talkiatry to a mid-sized organization (moving from 500 ppl currently to 1,200 ppl by Q2 2023). We’re at an exciting inflection point where there’s a need to implement repeatable, best-in-class HR processes. Due to this, we’re seeking candidates who know what great looks like and want the opportunity to shape HRBP processes from the beginning phases. Success in this role means getting to know the ins and outs of how our business works and what your specific client groups need to hit financial and operational goals. You’ll partner with executives and functional leaders to align business objectives and people decisions in a way that’s progressive and inclusive – always with diversity, equity, and inclusion lens. Above all, you’ll be responsible for ensuring all colleagues in your client groups have a positive experience supportive of our mission and values.
- Partner with functional leaders to build and implement the people strategy for the populations you support; Proactively get to know their business objectives + the employees and their skill sets so you can anticipate trends, challenges, and opportunities vs. react to them
- Influence and coach managers on organizational design, job titles and leveling, team member engagement, recognition, retention strategies, performance management, and development plans
- Conduct new hire check ins with joiners, stay interviews and focus groups with tenured employees (especially high potentials and people of color), and exit interviews with leavers; Proactively identify trends from those meetings and bring progressive solutions to senior leaders before they even realize they need them
- Facilitate and lead workforce planning sessions, talent review discussions, goal setting, 360’s, and compensation planning cycles; Analyze data from these processes, including surveys and HR metrics, to create long-range plans for your client groups
- Act as a strategic thought partner and advisor on complex Employee Relations issues; Lead investigations and adequately document findings; Provide thoughtful support, advice, and resolution while handling risk and maintaining compliance with regulatory/legal requirements + company policies/procedures
- Work closely with hiring managers to assure recruitment of the right people for positions; Ensure job description, responsibilities, competencies are appropriately aligned with level of the position and that salary offers align with both market assessments and internal equity (Partner with Finance on approvals and budgeting)
- Stay front and center with your respective client groups by attending staff meetings and presenting People Team updates; Collaborate with your L&D and Recruitment partners to ensure they too have a seat at the table and that you’re influencing as a collective, united People Team
- Serve as a resource to client groups on benefits management and internal policies in partnership with our HR Operations team
- Collaborate with the broader People Team functions (i.e., Onboarding, L&D, DEI, HR Ops) to support company-wide engagement initiatives
- Nurture strong cross-functional relationships with other shared service functions (i.e., IT, Finance, Payroll) to solve problems related to scaling our HR infrastructure
- Build future talent - Mentor jr. generalists by bringing them into employee relations investigations and enabling them to assist with more strategic projects
- Process-Oriented: You enjoy figuring out the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement as we scale the People function
- Collaborative: You build relationships with ease and work well with others to meet shared objectives
- Flexible: You can hold your own in ambiguous situations; You easily shift gears from high-level strategy conversations to tactical work
- Resourceful – You have strong decision-making and problem-solving skills with excellent judgement and follow up
- Excellent communicator – You’re savvy at letting stakeholders know what they need to do and when they need to do it. You write clear, concise, easy-to-read communications and can comfortably present to leaders at all levels
- 7+ years progressive HR Business Partner experience in a mid-sized or large, multi-function HR organization
- Excel aptitude
- Strong HR technical/craft skills
- Advanced degree in Organizational Development or Human Resources Management preferred
- Travel to NYC when needed
- A collaborative, diverse, fast-paced environment in a purpose-driven company; Join a team of 500+ difference-makers (scaling to 1,200 by end of Q1 2023)
- Flexible Location: Colleagues work virtually, in the office, or a combination of the two
- Opportunity to learn and grow as our organization grows thanks to a best-in-class Learning team
- Leadership committed to building a people-first, inclusive culture focused on your well-being and supporting your wellness ambitions
- Generous benefits including up to 100% of healthcare insurance costs paid from day 1; Competitive 401K match with immediate vesting; Competitive PTO
At Talkiatry, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and candidate experience. We strive to create an environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and purpose, and where we learn from the unique experiences of those around us.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.