Talkiatry’s mission is to transform psychiatry with accessible, human, and responsible care.
We’re a national mental health practice co-founded by a patient and a triple-board-certified psychiatrist to solve the problems both groups face in accessing and providing the highest quality treatment.
60% of adults in the U.S. with a diagnosable mental illness go untreated every year because care is inaccessible, while 45% of clinicians are out of network with insurers because reimbursement rates are low and paperwork is unduly burdensome. With innovative technology and a human-centered philosophy, we provide patients with the care they need—and allow psychiatrists to focus on why they got into medicine.
About the role:
The Patient Care Coordinator provides an excellent experience for patients and providers by fielding and responding to their requests. They help keep provider schedules full and optimized, and guide patients through the intake process. They also ensure all patients are matched appropriately to a provider, and take care of administrative tasks like faxes, emails, and authorizations.
What does a day in the life of a Talkiatry Patient Care Coordinator look like?
- Answer incoming phone calls to screen patients, answer questions, or schedule appointments
- Make outbound phone calls to patients, pharmacies, or insurance companies
- Register new patients in our EHR, e-Clinical Works
- Ensure that providers are scheduled for best use of time (Optimized)
- Support clinicians via Microsoft Teams Chat to:
- Schedule patient follow-up appointments
- Reach out to patients who are late to tele visits
- Send referral information to patients
- Send discharge letters
- Monitor and complete tickets in Zendesk to:
- Inform patients of insurance benefits
- Respond to patient inquiries
- Add copies of insurance cards/IDs to patient documents
- Troubleshoot minor technological issues or escalate them to our helpdesk
Medical office reception experience, including:
- Use of a Electronic Health Record (EHR) in your daily work
- Answering phones and multitasking in a fast-paced clinical practice
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Insurance verification
- Understanding of patient privacy rules and experience in a HIPAA-compliant practice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer Service
- Understanding of general medical practice workflows
- Ability to multitask accurately
- Enjoy working in team based environment
- Added bonus if you've worked with: Medical Insurance benefits, Electronic Health Record systems, eClinicalWorks, Microsoft Office (M365) & Microsoft Teams
- Top-notch team: we're a diverse, experienced group motivated to make a difference in mental health care
- Collaborative environment: be part of building something from the ground up at a fast-paced startup
- Flexible location: work where you want to, either remotely across the U.S. or from our HQ in NYC
- Excellent benefits: health insurance 100% covered on day one, 401k with match, generous PTO plus paid holidays, paid parental leave, and more
- Grow your career with us: hone your skills and build new ones with our Learning team as Talkiatry expands
- It all comes back to care: we’re a mental health company, and we put our team’s well-being first
- Hourly rate for this position: $18/hr
At Talkiatry, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and candidate experience. We strive to create an environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and purpose, and where we learn from the unique experiences of those around us.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.