Talkiatry’s mission is to transform psychiatry with accessible, human, and responsible care.
We’re a national mental health practice co-founded by a patient and a triple-board-certified psychiatrist to solve the problems both groups face in accessing and providing the highest quality treatment.
60% of adults in the U.S. with a diagnosable mental illness go untreated every year because care is inaccessible, while 45% of clinicians are out of network with insurers because reimbursement rates are low and paperwork is unduly burdensome. With innovative technology and a human-centered philosophy, we provide patients with the care they need—and allow psychiatrists to focus on why they got into medicine.
About the role:
The Accounts Receivable Manager, RCM, performs a variety of functions including but not limited to overseeing all tasks assigned to the Claims Billing Support Department, providing weekly summary of clearinghouse rejections with actions taken to the RCM Director, achieve and maintain 98% clean claim rate, ensure timely secondary claim processing and integrity of claim billing readiness. AR Manager is responsible for ERA payer enrollment, maintenance of payer Portal access and processing of insurance payor additions/changes after approval from RCM Director.
This role will also be responsible for month end reporting and meeting with the RCM Director, perform root cause analysis and implement necessary changes to ensure timely and accurate cash flow. The CBS Manager is responsible for mentoring and hiring of the CBS staff and provide tools required for optimum success. Support the Director of RCM and maintain a close working relationship with the Coding, Billing, and Collections Managers.
- Manage staff performance by providing regular feedback, performance reviews, one on one meetings, and weekly department touch base meetings
- Oversee the hiring and training new staff
- Monitor major payor changes/updates
- Implement and update departmental policies
- Assist with development of dashboarding and leverages reports from practice management system to support daily operations
- Support the organization with ensuring daily resolution of clearinghouse rejections
- Process requests for insurance payor additions or changes upon approval from the RCM Director
- Ensure timely processing of primary electronic/paper and secondary claims
- Notify RCM Director of Payor related issues causing rejections
- Engage with the Coding, Billing, and Collections Managers
- Escalate payor trend details along with resolution to the RCM Director
- Participate in vendor meetings
- Ensure compliance with standard billing procedures
- Responsible for continuous efforts to enroll with payers EDI
- Oversee the preparing, reviewing, and transmitting electronic/paper claims using billing software
- Ensure compliance with standard procedures and policies in performing job operations
- Perform additional projects and job duties as assigned
- 5 years of medical billing and collections experience; 3 years in supervising / managing revenue cycle role
- Well versed in practice management and charge capture software, ideally eClincialWorks (eCW) having worked with in-house technology departments, consultants, or vendors to improve the configuration and use of the system to support RCM operations
- Ability to adhere to productivity goals and departmental guidelines
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and team environment through communication, motivation, and consistency
- A technology forward thinker having addressed challenges with automation ideas and resources
- Data oriented and fully versed in revenue cycle metrics
- Excellent understanding of Healthcare Billing Processes
- Knowledge of multiple insurance plans, including Medicare
- eClinical Works experience preferred
- Top-notch team: we're a diverse, experienced group motivated to make a difference in mental health care
- Collaborative environment: be part of building something from the ground up at a fast-paced startup
- Flexible location: work where you want to, either remotely across the U.S. or from our HQ in NYC
- Excellent benefits: health insurance 100% covered on day one, 401k match with match, generous PTO plus paid holidays, paid parental leave, and more!
- Grow your career with us: hone your skills and build new ones with our Learning team as Talkiatry expands
- It all comes back to care: we’re a mental health company, and we put our team’s well-being first
- Compensation package for this role includes a base salary range of $75K-$85K, depending on experience, and up to 10% annual performance bonus.
At Talkiatry, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and candidate experience. We strive to create an environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and purpose, and where we learn from the unique experiences of those around us.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.