At Talkiatry, we believe mental health is health. We’re a successful, high growth organization creating the gold standard in mental healthcare and helping people live their best lives. More specifically, we’re solving the behavioral health crisis in America by focusing on high-quality in-network care and proprietary technology that redefines how patients access and receive psychiatric care. The result? Through a personalized approach, we meet the needs of patients, physicians, and insurance partners while driving down costs and improving care.
We are seeking a Medical Coder to support our rapid growth. The ideal candidate has 3 to 5 years of medical coding experience or equivalent. Ability to multi-task with significant attention to detail is necessary. Talkiatry supports your work by promoting a culture where our colleagues thrive and find joy as their best and most productive selves.
- Our team works remotely. You will enjoy the flexibility of working from home and using our technology to connect you with a great revenue cycle team
- You will use our practice management system and electronic health record,
- You will use your fundamental knowledge of third-party insurance, timely filing, coordination of benefits, authorizations, referrals, copayments (in and out of network), deductibles, and coverage limitations and maximums to support the revenue cycle
- You will submit claims, after verifying the accuracy of the information provided and the existence of the necessary documentation to support charges
- Work closely with clinicians and medical billers on issues adversely affecting billing
- Assist and support auditing and compliance processes by ensuring coding documentation
Desired Competencies & Qualifications:
- Medical coding certificate or the willingness to obtain one while working
- Experience using a Practice Management System and Electronic Health Record, preferably eClinicalWorks, but will train the right candidate
- Thorough understanding of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS coding
- Ability to work with clinicians to obtain necessary clinical documentation conducive to coding medical claims
- Knowledge of mapping commercial insurance plans and Medicare
- Identify missing information and prepare and submit claims pending with errors to the clinicians for corrections
- Capability of tracking clinical notes errors and relay this information to the clinician, manager and Director of
- Experience using daily denials management tools and reports
- Produce relevant End-of-Day, End-of-Month and End-of -Year reports
- An understanding of general medical practice workflows
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Thriving in team-based environment
At Talkiatry, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and candidate experience. We strive to create an environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and purpose, and where we learn from the unique experiences of those around us.
- A collaborative, diverse, fast-paced environment in a purpose-driven company; Join a team of 250+ team of difference-makers
- Flexible Location: Colleagues work virtually, in the office, or a combination of the two
- Opportunity to learn and grow as our organization grows thanks to a best-in-class Learning team
- Leadership committed to building a people-first, inclusive culture focused on your well-being and supporting your wellness ambitions
- Generous benefits including up to 100% of healthcare insurance costs paid from day 1, competitive 401K match with immediate vesting, generous PTO plus paid holidays, and more!
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.