At Talkiatry, we believe mental health is health. We’re a successful, high growth organization creating the gold standard in mental healthcare and helping people live their best lives. More specifically, we’re solving the behavioral health crisis in America by focusing on high-quality in-network care and proprietary technology that redefines how patients access and receive psychiatric care. The result? Through a personalized approach, we meet the needs of patients, physicians, and insurance partners while driving down costs and improving care.
The Patient Care Coordinator provides an excellent experience for patients and providers by fielding and responding to their requests. They help keep provider schedules full and optimized, and guide patients through the intake process. They also ensure all patients are matched appropriately to a provider, and take care of administrative tasks like faxes, emails, and authorizations.
What does a day in the life of a Talkiatry Patient Care Coordinator look like?
- Answer incoming phone calls to screen patients, answer questions, or schedule appointments
- Make outbound phone calls to patients, pharmacies, or insurance companies
- Register new patients in our EHR, e-Clinical Works
- Ensure that providers are scheduled for best use of time (Optimized)
- Support clinicians via Microsoft Teams Chat to:
- Schedule patient follow-up appointments
- Reach out to patients who are late to tele visits
- Send referral information to patients
- Send discharge letters
- Monitor and complete tickets in Zendesk to:
- Inform patients of insurance benefits
- Respond to patient inquiries
- Add copies of insurance cards/IDs to patient documents
- Troubleshoot minor technological issues or escalate them to our helpdesk
- Medical Insurance benefits
- Electronic Health Record, prefer eClinicalWorks experience
- Microsoft Office (M365), plus if you have worked with Microsoft Teams
Medical office reception experience, including:
- Use of a Electronic Health Record (EHR) in your daily work
- Answering phones and multitasking in a fast-paced clinical practice
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Insurance verification
- Understanding of patient privacy rules and experience in a HIPAA-compliant practice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer Service
- Understanding of general medical practice workflows
- Ability to multitask accurately
- Enjoy working in team based environment
- A collaborative, diverse, fast-paced environment in a purpose-driven company; Join a team of 250+ team of difference-makers
- Flexible Location: Colleagues work virtually, in the office, or a combination of the two
- Opportunity to learn and grow as our organization grows thanks to a best-in-class Learning team
- Leadership committed to building a people-first, inclusive culture focused on your well-being and supporting your wellness ambitions
- Generous benefits including up to 100% of healthcare insurance costs paid from day 1, competitive 401K match with immediate vesting, generous PTO plus paid holidays, and more!
At Talkiatry, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and candidate experience. We strive to create an environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and purpose, and where we learn from the unique experiences of those around us.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.