At Talkiatry, we believe mental health is health. We’re a successful, high growth organization creating the gold standard in mental healthcare and helping people live their best lives. More specifically, we’re solving the behavioral health crisis in America by focusing on high-quality in-network care and proprietary technology that redefines how patients access and receive psychiatric care. The result? Through a personalized approach, we meet the needs of patients, physicians, and insurance partners while driving down costs and improving care. If you’re searching for a mission-driven rocket ship, this is the one to get on.
As a Licensing Specialist, you are a part of the revenue cycle team and own all aspects of assisting, obtaining, and renewing various state medical, DEA and CSR licenses for our providers. Your responsibilities include completing license applications and coordinating and following up with state agencies, providers, and working closely with our credentialing team. You will drive the licensing process in a proactive and streamlined manner. You accomplish this by using our innovative software platform that stores our provider information and allows you to assign and request providers to complete tasks. Talkiatry enables you to track your work through software solutions, complete the document and manage the status of applications. In support of our mission to improve access to high quality psychiatric care and behavioral health, our Licensing Specialists will collaborate with our credentialing, recruiting, operations, and clinical teams for the benefit of our patients, psychiatrists, and insurance partners. Responsibilities:
- Subject matter expert. Immersed in the detail of license timing and processes on a state by state basis for various levels of providers (MD/DO, NP, LCSW, etc.)
- Forward thinking problem solver. You anticipate required information needed from our providers and supply solutions and recommendations for common issues (work history gaps, FSMB accounts, etc.)
- Accurately navigates detailed application processes. Ability to manually and electronically complete application form and paperwork requirements with accuracy on first submission on first pass
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to provide clear verbal and written detailed instructions to providers and status updates.
- Excellent follow through. You support the work of the teams you are working with and create accountability. You exceed expectations by always delivering on your commitments and promises.
- High integrity. You represent Talkiatry and it's mission, vision, and values with infectious enthusiasm.
- Proactively escalates through clear communication delays, barriers, and progress.
- You act with a sense of urgency and update tracking tools and systems as needed.
- Three years of medical licensing experience at a high-volume practice or third party preferred
- Knowledge of a broad range of state licenses, Interstate Medical Licensure Compact and Nurse Licensure Compact requirements, and processes
- Willingness to become a Notary Public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills. You exude positivity, a high level of organizational knowledge and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time and workload management skills, ability to prioritize, ability to work independently, high attention to detail, and ability to multi-tasks and meeting established deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A collaborative, diverse, fast-paced environment in a purpose-driven company; Join a team of 250+ team of difference-makers
- Flexible Location: Colleagues work virtually, in the office, or a combination of the two
- Opportunity to learn and grow as our organization grows thanks to a best-in-class learning team
- Leadership committed to building a people-first, inclusive culture focused on your well-being and supporting your wellness ambitions
- Generous benefits including up to 100% of healthcare insurance costs paid from day 1, competitive 401K match with immediate vesting, generous PTO plus paid holidays, and more!
At Talkiatry, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and candidate experience. We strive to create an environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and purpose, and where we learn from the unique experiences of those around us.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.