< Back to help center

My insurance company denied my claim because of a Coordination of Benefits (COB) Issue. What should I do next?

In many cases it’s because they’re listed as your secondary insurer. If you want to change that, you’ll have to:

  • Call your insurance company using the number on the back of your insurance card
  • Let them know you want to update your "coordination of benefits" and make them your “primary insurance” company. Note the name of the representative that you spoke with and ask for a call reference number.
  • Send an email to billing@talkiatry.com with the representative name and call reference number.

If the insurer that denied the claim is your secondary insurance and we don’t have your primary insurance on file:

  • Email insurancecard@talkiatry.com with pictures of the front and back of your primary insurance card. We will then update your account and charges.
Did you find this article helpful?
thumbs up outline icon
Thumbs up icon
thumbs up outline icon
Thumbs up icon
< Back to help center
In touch


Log in
Download the healow™ app for Apple or Google

Pay your bill

Find and settle your statements
Pay bill

Document upload

Upload Hipaa form and other documents here

Ready to try psychiatry with Talkiatry?

Get started

How to talk to us

Scheduling, refills, or technical issues
Need to reach your clinician?

You can message your psychiatrist or therapist any time through healow. You’ll hear back within 3 business days. Log in or download the app from Apple or Google.