Talkiatry was built for Psychiatrists, by Psychiatrists and offers the stability and support of a hospital group, with the autonomy of a private practice. Talkiatry is now interviewing remote BC/BE Psychiatrists interested in joining us as we continue to expand across the state of Maine.
Talkiatry transforms psychiatry into the accessible, human, and empowering experience it should be, for patients and providers alike. We were co-founded by a patient and a triple-board-certified psychiatrist to solve the problems both groups face in accessing and providing the highest quality mental healthcare.
60% of adults in the U.S. with a diagnosable mental illness go untreated every year because care is inaccessible, while 45% of clinicians are out of network with insurers because reimbursement rates are low and paperwork is unduly burdensome. With innovative technology and a human-centered philosophy, we provide patients with the care they need—and allow psychiatrists to focus on why they got into medicine.
- Market-leading compensation. Competitive base salary coupled with productivity-based income. You retain a high percentage of your earnings; we pay at the top of the market.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package designed specifically for high earning physicians and we cover up to 100% of your healthcare premiums, even for large families.
- Lighter administrative burden and schedule flexibility. You can focus on providing great care, while maintaining control over your schedule. We will handle patient scheduling, billing, and various other support functions
- The efficiency of Talkiatry’s practice benefits you. Our single specialty focus, scale and technology allows for better reimbursement rates while maintaining lower practice expenses which enables us to pass the economic benefits to our psychiatrists.
- Custom developed technology driven solutions for psychiatry including an integrated EMR which supports provider-to-patient messaging, telemedicine, direct lab integration and proprietary tools to track and gain insight into your patients’ outcomes.
- Select a patient population according to your own criteria and preferences. Our patient intake process is robust and can be adjusted in real time to allow you to balance the acuity and diagnoses of the patient population you are treating.
- You decide what allotted time is appropriate for your patients. Minimum of 60 minutes for intakes and 30 minutes on follow up visits.
- Strong in-house referral network that allows you to refer patients to specialists and therapists whose practice exclusively supports patients our psychiatrists are actively treating. Best of all, clinical information is shared seamlessly through our EMR.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance: Up to 100% of insurance premiums
- 100% Employer paid malpractice coverage
- Competitive 401K match with immediate participation
- PTO, sick time and 11 paid holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- CME allowance
- Flexible scheduling and patient criteria in a remote, telehealth environment
- Few administrative burdens with full-time, on-site billing and scheduling services
- Licensing support- Our in-house licensing department will be happy to assist in managing this process for you, and we cover the costs up front
- Technology package is provided
- Board eligible or certified in Psychiatry. Subspecialties strongly encouraged to apply.
- Active and unrestricted Maine license to practice medicine. We can assist in obtaining licensure as needed.
- Excellent clinical knowledge and communication skills.
- A willingness to learn new or streamlined EMR tools.
- A proactive approach with a strong work ethic and desire to participate in a collaborative environment.
- A commitment to high-quality, cost-effective health care.
- Practicing Psychiatrists and/or residents and fellows who are in or about to start their final year of training are encouraged to apply!
Questions? Reach out to us at email@example.com.
Talkiatry is helmed clinically by Dr. Georgia Gaveras, a board-certified child, adolescent, and adult psychiatrist with an additional board-certification in addiction medicine.
At Talkiatry, that means our psychiatrists are in control of their practice. Our support staff focuses on removing administrative duties, enabling you to spend more of your time on patient care. It also means providing flexibility in where and when you practice medicine. Our psychiatrists also enjoy control over their hours and schedule.
We provide in-network, outpatient treatment for children and adults with depression, anxiety, attention, and other disorders. Talkiatry does not provide intensive outpatient or partial hospitalization programs. We believe that solving the accessibility issues in mental health care begins with taking care of our doctors. We provide solutions to the challenges that psychiatrists are facing - from a lack of front and back-office infrastructure and support in private practice settings to being overworked and underpaid by hospitals, clinics, and other institutions. Talkiatry aims to bridge the current gap in outpatient psychiatry by providing high quality, respected medical care in a modern setting with modern tools.
Through proprietary technology developed by psychiatrists for psychiatrists, we empower you to treat the conditions and population you enjoy, building a practice you find both satisfying and intellectually challenging.
Talkiatry believes that psychiatric care should be affordable for patients and accepts all major insurance. As an integrated practice, we have a large in-house billing and patient care coordinator team that handles billing and administrative issues for our clinical staff.
To learn more, please visit us at www.talkiatry.com.
Talkiatry participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. only after a job offer is accepted and Form I-9 is completed. For more information on E-Verify, please visit the following: EVerify Participation & IER Right to Work.
At Talkiatry, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace and candidate experience. We strive to create an environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and purpose, and where we learn from the unique experiences of those around us.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.