< Back to help center

What if I'm a college student needing care between semesters?

For virtual visits, the psychiatrist you’re seeing needs to be licensed to practice in the state you’re physically in during the visit, not just the state where your primary residence is. (This is true for any telehealth visit, not just ones for your mental health.)

If you’re a student and you live in the same state as your school, you can continue to see your psychiatrist as usual. If you’ll be in a different state while you’re not at school, there are a couple ways to still get the care you need. You might be able to time your visits so you don’t need to see a psychiatrist while you’re not at school. In some cases, we can find a Talkiatry psychiatrist who can see you while you’re in a different state.

The best way to find an arrangement that fits your circumstances is to talk to your psychiatrist. You can create a plan together that works for you. We also recommend making arrangements as far ahead as possible so you have time to investigate all your options.

Did you find this article helpful?
thumbs up outline icon
Thumbs up icon
thumbs up outline icon
Thumbs up icon
< Back to help center
Related articles
No items found.
In touch


Log in
Download the healow™ app for Apple or Google

Pay your bill

Find and settle your statements
Pay bill

Document upload

Upload Hipaa form and other documents here

Ready to try psychiatry with Talkiatry?

Get started

How to talk to us

Scheduling, refills, or technical issues
Need to reach your clinician?

You can message your psychiatrist or therapist any time through healow. You’ll hear back within 3 business days. Log in or download the app from Apple or Google.